Monday, January 2, 2012

What did 2011 teach You??

Sorry I've been M.I.A. :/

So, Happy new year!
2011 had it's up's and it had it's down's.

The up's:
I passed the test and got my learners!
I found out I'm going to be an Auntie.
I stopped driving like a granny and drove through town.
I got to see some of my cousins, who I hadn't see in years.
I met new people.

The down:
My Grandma passed away the week before Christmas...I miss her so much already, but I know she's in a better place now. She had problems with her health for so long, and had gone through so much. We knew it was going to happen for awhile now, but it still hits you hard when it does happen.

Now I have a question for you. You don't have to tell me the answer if you don't want too, I just want you to think about it.

What has 2011 taught you?.....Maybe it didn't teach you anything thing, but for me?
2011 and all of the things that have happened during that year taught me to slow down, step back and enjoy little moments. Try not to miss anything....Because you never know what you have until it's gone.

I miss you, Maw

Have a nice night
~Brittany

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brittany!

    So glad I stumbled onto your blog. Although we don't know each other, I found that reading your entry left me feeling like I did know you -- even if just a little :) I wanted to tell you how awesome it is to see someone being thankful for the good in her life. I am so very sorry to hear that you lost your Grandma this year . . . It looks as if you two were quite close; however, I imagine that while she was here on Earth you loved one another fiercely. People go their whole lives searching and in want of love like that. How incredible you had it :)

    2011 taught me to fix on my eyes Good and Light. To not get trapped by all the petty things life dishes out. I want to be joyful and thankful for all God has given me.

    Thanks for posting your thoughts and sharing a piece of your life.

    Feel free to wander to my blog if you like. I have a few tutorials up, if you're into crafts. :)
    Blessings,
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cara! You're comment was so sweet. It makes me happy to think I can make people feel like they know me by sharing the stuff that goes on inside my head. :) And also, thank you for sharing your answer! And I'll diffidently take a look at your blog!

      ~Brittany.

      Delete